reynje

Wild Awake
Hilary T. Smith
Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera
Bryan Peterson

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry Series #1)

Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles 2.5 starsI know that we are young,And I know that you may love me,But I just can’t be with you like this anymore,Alejandro.. Okay, I couldn’t resist. Come on, it’s funny.. Dear Perfect Chemistry, It was fun while it lasted. Tempestuous, occasionally hilarious, but fun. However, at the end of the day, I think you and I just want different things. We’re not right for each other. And I need to move on. I’ve been known to make a song, dance and general fool out of myself over my love for contemporary YA novels – but I can’t muster that kind of enthusiasm for you, Perfect Chemistry. Your subject matter and the execution didn’t really resonate with me, and the hackneyed “perfect girl” and “boy from the wrong side of the tracks” falling for each other plot just felt too formulaic. I’ve seen it before and frankly, (sorry if this hurts your feelings) I’ve seen it done better. It wasn’t all bad. I can see your appeal – I even fell for it briefly. You got me through a rough time, when I was housebound with the flu and verging on full tilt cabin fever. You were a welcome distraction, building the *ahem* chemistry (yes! Puns!) between the leads nicely, and the tension was addictive. So I’ll admit it, I was entertained. I liked Alejandro and Brittany well enough, and was especially pleased with Brittany’s development and the fact there was some depth and substance to her character. I had a tougher time with Alex’s bandanas, but hey that’s my issue, not yours. Unfortunately, I simply couldn’t take you seriously. The clichés were so.. cliché. The drama was so.. over the top and predictable. It just wasn’t really my style. Also, it’s probably just better that we just don’t speak about the epilogue. I’m sorry. It was fun while it lasted, but it’s over. Yours honestly,Death-Before-Epilogues-Reynje* * * * *Pre-Review: I don't think I was supposed to laugh as much as I did while I read this. Except for the Epilogue, because that was a joke... right? Right?